Recent Posts

Monday, December 10, 2007

time Capsule

This is my final project. It needs rotated but I wanted to put a picture on here for the time being. So if you would please just turn your head or computer. I promise a rotated version will go up soon. Our project was to contain a time capsule for the first year students. It had to have a community aspect of it/everyone had to feel apart of it and it would only rep. of our class. My concept was reflection. I researched a lot on what types of things reflect such as, water, glass, pictures, and metal. I finally choose aluminum. There is a dim light that comes through the top of my project. I didn't want it to be too bright that people wouldn't want to look in it. Because the names of every student who finishes first year will be engraved on the inside, as a nice surprise. The piece itself will hang about 5'5" or so. I want enough people to be able to look into in and not really up into it.
I choose to put the curly cue's at the top of it because when I had no idea what to do, i started to cut random pieces of metal. Thus I discovered the metal curled itself, more than it did when you tried to bend it. I thought that this was very interesting just like very first year student finds his/her way. I wish however that instead of just putting the curly cue's only at the top, that i would have engulfed them on the inside and around the entire project. Overall I am happy with this project. I am however disappointed in myself because my craft was not where I wanted it to be, nor was the actual project itself.

0 comments: