Recent Posts

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Codes...and other foolish things

Up until now we have the freedom of designing without any limitations or restrictions. So when we were thrown into a web of codes, ergonomics, and proxemics this year...it was quite a change. My group was faced with the challenge of making our buses able to fit code. What was perhaps the greatest thing I felt for the members in my group to grasp was how much a space needs to be handicap accessible. Having spent 5 months in a wheel chair I was fully prepared for what needed to happen to make our buses accessible. In the comfort bus we had to change our room layouts. We next had to take into account the interaction between people in the Communication bus. Below is a bunch of diagrams that my group put together to explain the effect of codes, ergonomics, and proxemics when applied to our free design.








0 comments: