Recent Posts

Friday, October 3, 2008

Mobile relief Unit

I started this project off with continuing my research on the duck tours, and the notion of having a mobile bus that could go on water. I also took into account my experience with Katrina relief work that I took part in six months after the hurricane hit. I remember that after a long hard day in the ninety-degree weather I just wanted a place to relax and an area where my fellow workers and I could spend time together. This is how I got my concept for my mobile relief unit. The unit itself consists of one floor that is set up like an actual house or RV. The space is very open allowing for more circulation space. The public and private sections are very distinguished. The ceiling is vaulted with every two feet open skylights allow natural light into the space however the solid roof pieces can slide out to block the sun when needed. On the side of the bus there are three-foot decks that lift out of the side of the boat. On the bottom of these decks are propellers that would allow the boat to move across the water. The layout of the bus and the ability for it to be transformed allows a comfortable and relaxing stay for the workers.







0 comments: