Recent Posts

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Systematic Structures

When assigned the project A Place to Dine, I knew I wanted to incorporate a piece from nature somehow. I have a love for furniture that is made of tree trunks or branches. This is where I got my idea to create a table that utilized a prefabricated tree trunk as it's base. I wanted this to be the center of the room so I chose a transparent aluminum table top and the clear Louis Ghost chair by Phillipe Stark. I didn't want anything to distract from the focal point of the room (tree trunk) so that is why I didn't chose a really elaborate chair. From this concept of the tree trunk acting as the main structure that supports the table I came up with my concept of Systematic Structures. From there I decided to show all the studs that held up the walls and the beams that held up the ceiling.




0 comments: