Recent Posts

Sunday, April 24, 2011

[HOT]lanta

Oh yes we did!  Our class ventured several hours to the land we like to call [HOT]lanta.  We were given the chance to see several design firms including tvsdesign, Gensler, Herman Miller Showroom, Interface showroom, and another smaller firm that I am forgetting the name of at the moment but as soon as I find it...i'll put it on here!  The trip and firms were awesome.  We had a wonderful tour guide who set up everything for us!  Her name was Betty Russel and she works for Herman Miller.  She was absolutely wonderful and we probably would have been lost without her.
            The first place we went to was the Interface Showroom.  I loved this because I'm currently doing my internship at a flooring place so I was able to take some things I learned back to my boss.




  

The second place we went was tvsdesign.  Paula Carr spoke to us briefly about the firm and some of their work.  We were then given a tour of the firm's work space.














Next Was Gensler


This seems to be the motto of the design world in General.






Last but not least.. Herman Miller Showroom!!








0 comments: