Recent Posts

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Patterns with a tool

Finally pattern 15 was taken from pattern 9 also. However, i only took the half moon shapes and cut them.
Pattern 14 is taken from pattern 9. I cut pulled and twisted all parts of this.
Pattern 13 was taken from Pattern 8. I took the shapes and pulled them to deform them. I also took the black background and pulled that into some of the new shapes in pattern 13.
Pattern 12 was also taken from pattern 7. Instead of compressing it however, I twisted it. By doing this the perfect circles would be deformed and the outer string would be twisted to the outside.
Pattern 11 was taken from pattern 7. I experimented with what would happen if i took pattern and compressed four corners together.


These six patters were designed from what I thought was my top three original patterns: 7, 8, & 9. We had to choose a tool and use what that tool could be used for in our next 6 patterns. I choose a plier. This plier could pull, cut, twist, and compress. Pattern 10 (directly above) was taken from Pattern 8. I took the pattern and cut it, leaving some of the pieces in the same spot, and others were moved to another spot.

0 comments: