Recent Posts

Friday, February 15, 2008

Scaled Figures that I like

My last example is of Ching's Design Drawing book. I think it's a good example of one point perspectives in a space. Also I like how the figure is still contour but they show the shirt and hat, and what not.
I chose to put this on my blog because I think it's a good example of putting multiple figures in a community building/space. It also shows how the figures would interact with each other in that space. The drawing is of the East Harlem Preschool in New York City.
This scaled figure is prob. my fav. of the ones I found. The drawing's title is Vista, it's based on a sketch by Le Corbusier for the design of the Ministry of National Education and Public Health in Rio de Janeiro. The figure almost looks out of place with the rest of the picture. However I really enjoy how it has that messy type of look, but it's successful in that look.
This is also from Ching's Architecture book. I really enjoy how the scaled figures are shaded with the space. You can tell the difference and the presence of the figure. Most scaled figures are either totally black or white, so it's nice to see an example of one that's shaded. It's almost like the figure's a ghost.
My first example of scaled figures comes from Ching's Architecture: form, space, and order. I chose this one because I like how it shows how the scaled figures interact with the space when the depth of the depressed field changes.

0 comments: