Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

bad memories







I really liked this project simply because my memory is one that has had both a physical and mental impact on me. My memory was from July 3, 2007 I was on my way home from the movies when I was hit head on by a drunk driver. She had a .28 alcohol level and cocaine in her system. She died and my boyfriend and I were life lined to Hershey Medical Center, in PA. I was driving a 01 Hyundai Tiburon, and I broke both my ankles, my left femur, and my right wrist. I spent three weeks in the hospital and have been in a wheel chair for almost 4 months. The poles are same ones the were screwed into my right leg to hold my shin bone in place with my ankle. That ankle is the worst it was shattered in 15 pieces. I wanted to create something that would hold my poles and the memory of being so uncomfortable and learning how to move again with them in. My purpose was to make the viewer feel uncomfortable with all the really sharp lines poles, so if I did that then I accomplished my mission.

0 comments: