Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Javier Barba

This Green home sits on the north side of the Aegean island of Mykonos. It was designed by Javier Barba. I particularly enjoy this house because it blends in well with the natural surroundings yet, sticks out from them at the same time. I like how he incorporated traditional elements of the island's building idiom. This includes the white washed stuccoed walls, and flat roofs. The only thing I don't particurly like about this building is that it's not particurly inviting. The walls are very hard materials and everything sort of blends together making only the shape stand out.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

it seems kind of large...Are those real rammed earth walls? Can a second home really be considered green? I think the term green is flung around way to loosely these days. With 6+ billion people on the planet we need to really think about what is and is not sustainable. It goes much further than just using green materials.

That being said the place is gorgeous and I added the pictures from architectural digest to my reference file.