Recent Posts

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Big Bold Balsy Ideas!

So in the past couple of days I have been doing some research on concepts that I feel fit the Hatchery.  With those concepts I found some inspirational images.  So far I have two main ideas, Twister and Converge.  In the next day or so I will be taking these concepts and generating two floor plans, and lots of ideas.  I think this will allow me to see what concept will work best with the Hatchery and allow me to generate a multitude of ideas.


TWISTED: To combine as two or more strands or threads; by winding together; intertwine.

I thought about this in the context of the Hatchery, where the students who would potentially be collaborating together would be the strands or threads.  The students work will then overtake the space and the space itself would be another layer of strands or threads, and all of these things would work together to form The Hatchery, a single twine.



CONVERGE: To come together from different directions; meet

I chose this definition of converge because I thought it best fit the Hatchery.  This is possible my favorite so far because of the amount of room it allows my thoughts to flow.  I feel this would be a an excellent concept for my Hatchery space because we are truly coming from different directions to meet for this.  Students will be coming and collaborating from different departments.  All types of people will come and meet for performances or shows.  Also we as designers are coming together and meeting as a group to hopefully one day make this space a real thing.



0 comments: