Recent Posts

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Programming...yes i said it

This week while still working on Salvation Army we will also be starting the work on the Hatchery.  The first step: Programming.  In order to design a space that can be unique and easily used by any student or client that walks in we need to know exactly what we will need.  Programming is a pain in the butt, however it is necessary.  I did a bubble diagram that addressed what we would need in each individual space.  I put them in order of importance from left to right.  Also I made a list of why we would need certain things in our spaces.  I found that through out the entire building three things would ecspecially be important.  Lighting, Acoustics, and Display areas.  I believe these three things should be our guiding tools through out the design paying special attention to making sure our space utilizes these three aspects well. 



 

0 comments: